Job Posting: Social Media Manager (contract)
Are you a skier or rider seeking to work for a company of dream-jobbers who love snow?
We're all about living the powder dreams and inspiring our audience to dream big too.
If you're ready to hit the hills and turn it into Olympic-sized social stoke, here's your chance!
Seekers Media is hiring for a full-time social media manager (contract/maternity leave) to bring the juice to our company and its portfolio of channels.
Full-time position: 40h/week (maternity leave)
Duration: through to May 1, 2023 (potential for extension)
Location: Alberta or BC (flexible, online position)
Join us and combine your passion for the outdoors, travel and entertainment with your professional skills as a social media creative. And get ready for six months (or more) of awesome!
Who Are We Looking For?
Seekers Media’s social media manager should be a dynamic thinker, who lives by the art of conversation and who loves the outdoors.
- You are a huge fan of the outdoors and understand the spiritual value it generates
- You love to ski or ride (this comes with a season’s pass for you at your favorite ski hill)
- You are constantly seeking to learn and grow
- You never want to stop helping people connect with the power of the great outdoors
Professionally, you’ve built an online community and have experience with digital publishing. We want not only your understanding of social media but also the creation of an online experience that is sticky and engaging. You help us shape the future of our company so more can enjoy the inspiring potentials we promote every day.
What you’ll be doing
As our social media manager you will oversee our three magazines' social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
You will be responsible for seeing through our community engagement strategy which includes producing and making daily posts while engaging with our array of contributors, destinations, attractions, and festivals who our content production and marketing efforts support.
Duties will include:
- Social Media management of 12 channels (60% curated content)
- Management of one part-time support person (who works weekends so you can turn off)
- Working with our #SeekersAmbassador network including 40 content producers
- Managing a social media ads budget to increase engagement and audience
- A minimum two years of experience with social media management
- Facebook and YouTube media buying experience
- CANVA or an online graphics production experience
- Understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter analytics
- Competitive salary ($47,500 to $52,500 annually based on experience)
- A ski/snowboard pass to the Alberta or BC ski hill closest to where you live
- Remote work – but you are based in BC or Alberta and have traveled around both provinces (online office via Basecamp)
- Flexible work schedule
- Continued digital media training
- Connection into a network of thriving creatives to build the stoke within our audience.
Key to this opportunity, you will further your skills in working with leading brands and within a robust ecosystem network, positioning you as a Western Canadian tourism and entertainment industry leader in online community growth and management.
How to apply
Apply today with a resume and cover letter to: Jim Barr email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 8:00 am, Nov 1, 2022
In your cover letter, please tell us why this gig has your name all over it.
Starting date: If it works, this is an immediate opportunity we are looking to fill. If a Nov 1 start date can work, full time - great, if it can’t be till say Nov 15 (perhaps part time for the first few weeks) - we can work with that if you are the superstar we are after!
All will be considered, but only those who fit full qualifications will be notified. Thank you in advance for your consideration and time with your response.
Get to know more about Seekers Media
To get more familiar with our company and our depth of media experience, visit our "About Seekers Media" section.
Then, check out our three flagship web magazines to get familiar with our creative content.