Job Posting: Social Media Manager
Seekers Media is hiring for a full-time social media manager (maternity leave) to bring the stoke to our company and its portfolio of channels.
Full-time position: 40h/week (maternity leave)
Duration: through to July 1, 2023
Location: Alberta/BC (flexible, online position)
Join us and combine your passion for the outdoors, travel and entertainment with your professional skills as a social media creative.
Who Are We Looking For?
Seekers Media’s social media manager should be a dynamic thinker, who lives by the art of conversation.
- You enjoy the outdoors and understand the spiritual value it generates.
- You love live music and enjoy festival experiences
- You are constantly seeking to learn and grow
- You never want to stop helping people connect with the power of the great outdoors.
Professionally, you’ve built an online community and have experience with digital publishing. We want not only your understanding of social media but also the creation of an online experience that is sticky and engaging. You help us shape the future of our company so more can enjoy the inspiring potentials we promote every day.
What you’ll be doing
As our social media manager you will oversee our three magazines' social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
You will be responsible for seeing through our community engagement strategy which includes producing and making daily posts while engaging with our array of contributors, destinations, attractions, and festivals who our content production and marketing efforts support.
Duties will include:
- Social Media management of 12 channels (60% curated content)
- Management of one part-time support person (who works weekends so you can turn off)
- Managing our #SeekersAmbassdor network including 40 content producers
- Managing a social media ads budget to increase engagement and audience
- A minimum two years of experience with social media management
- Facebook and YouTube media buying experience
- CANVA or an online graphics production experience
- Understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter analytics
- Competitive salary ($47,500 to $52,500 based on experience)
- Remote work – but you are based in BC or Alberta and have travelled around both provinces (online office via Basecamp)
- Flexible work schedule (two weeks paid holidays)
- Ski/snowboard pass to the Alberta or BC ski hill closest to where you live, festival assignments with leading content producers
- Digital media training
- Health care
Key to this opportunity, you will further your skills in working with leading brands and within a robust ecosystem network, positioning you as a Western Canadian tourism and entertainment industry leader in online community growth and management.
How to apply
Apply today with a resume and cover letter to: Stevie Gautier firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 8:00 am, June 13, 2022
Start date: June 27, 2022
In your cover letter, please tell us why this gig has your name all over it.
All will be considered, but only those who fit full qualifications will be notified. Thank you in advance for your consideration and time with your response.
Get to know more about Seekers Media
To get more familiar with our company and our depth of media experience, visit our "About Seekers Media" section.
Then, check out our three flagship web magazines to get familiar with our creative content.