Job Posting: Social Media, Content & Publishing Specialist - Part-Time
Love outdoor adventure, travel and cultural experiences in Western Canada? Are you a storyteller at heart, whether it’s words, photos, video or social media?
If you are a talented content creator and social media producer with a passion for adventure, join us at Seekers Media and channel that creativity into engaging platforms that propel our audiences into transformative travel and outdoor experiences.
Seekers Media’s platforms include three online magazines - ZenSeekers, FestivalSeekers, and SnowSeekers, and their affiliated social media channels. Before applying, please be sure you are familiar with them all.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working with our content team (Publisher and Social Media Manager) to grow our online presence through community engagement, account monitoring, content curation, content creation, and supporting the execution of seasonal campaigns.
This is a remote position offering flexible working hours suited for someone living in BC or Alberta. This position requires weekend work.
- Love social media. You understand social media. You yourself are a user of multiple social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and are familiar with TikTok.
- Strong writing skills and familiarity with basic journalistic standards, including CP Style.
- You’re able to read Facebook, Twitter, Instagram insights.
- Experience with website content management systems (CMS).
- Familiar with Facebook Creator Studio, Instagram Reels, Canva, Google Office Suite (Docs and spreadsheets).
- You're a driven, self-starter who can work independently and is motivated to stay current in new media practices, Google, Mailchimp and Facebook first.
- You can work independently and within a team, with your own a computer and smart phone with an internet connection to support remote work.
- Understand the use and functionality of tags and hashtags on social media.
- Seek to be open-minded and to continue Seekers Media’s indigenous reconciliation efforts.
- Love nature and the outdoors - including winter! You get excited when the snow flies.
- Activities like skiing/snowboarding, yoga, hiking, biking and cultural learning make you smile.
- Have a pulse on festivals and events in Western Canada.
- Are a confident and positive communicator.
- Are self-motivated and can work well on your own or in a collaborative setting.
- Have spent time in BC and Alberta and have a good understanding of the culture of both provinces.
- Assisting the Social Media Manager in executing a social media plan to achieve our predefined goals.
- Creating Instagram Reels using Seekers Media’s vast library of footage and images. Understanding this may graduate to TikTok creation.
- Creating and publishing stories online under the publisher’s guidance.
- Engaging with comments on our social media posts.
- Curating amazing posts and content from our community that can be featured on our social media channels.
- Outreach and engagement in Facebook groups.
- Creating fun, eye-catching, and helpful content like memes, infographics, and more using Seekers Media’s templates and direction.
- Enticing social media audiences to read Seekers Media articles on FestivalSeekers, ZenSeekers, and SnowSeekers.
- Maintaining Seekers Media’s brand direction within each of the online magazines.
- This position will include weekend monitoring of Seekers Media’s 12 social media channels. Minimum one hour each weekend day.
- Assist in managing our Data Asset Management (DAM) library and asset delivery to partners.
- Being a ‘first mate’ to the Social Media Manager during peak production times to assist in campaign delivery as needed.
For your commitment Seekers Media would like to offer you:
^A committed position within our thriving media organization.
^An hourly rate of $18/hour - billed biweekly - up to 30 hours per week for the next 3 months, with potential to grow to full time in early 2022
^Continued training and education around building a digital publishing company.
^Monthly stipend of $50/month to cover your internet and phone costs.
How to apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining why yours is the creative voice our ZenSeekers, FestivalSeekers, and SnowSeekers audiences are looking for. How will you help inspire our audience to find their next Alberta and BC travel experiences?
Application deadline: Oct 15, 2021
Start date: Nov 1, 2021
Apply to: Stevie Froese, Social Media Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seekers Media is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all to apply, however only those with the qualifications we are seeking will be called for an interview.